San Sebastian, Spain Sep 21-27, 2018
San Sebastian in September sweeps us off our feet – the beauty of the city, the wonderful Basque cuisine, the spectacular beach and long boulevards and mild evening strolls, the glittery and exciting film festival venues, a day trip to nearby Bilbao to visit the Guggenheim Museum there, a contemporary boutique hotel.
Layer on the 66th international film festival – a cross between The Cannes Film Festival and Venice in its ability to attract exciting new international films and glamorous stars set in a fabulous resort town.
Getting There –American, British Airways and Iberia offer service to Madrid with connections through Madrid to San Sebastian. The taxi ride from the airport to the hotel is about 30 minutes and costs approximately 40 euros.
Sightseeing … We will arrange a half day walking tour of the old City, a pintxo crawl with culinary expert Eskerne Falcon, along with a day trip nearby to Bilbao to see the Guggenheim Museum.
Festival Accreditation … We will arrange for accreditations for each of us.
Hotel Zenit … A boutique hotel, a short and pleasant walk to the principal screening venues, a 6 euro taxi ride each way. Taxis are plentiful and easy to get – from taxi stands and by hotels. There is also a bus for 2 euros each way from the hotel to the Old City.
Per person single occupancy:$4,800
Per person double occupancy: $4,000
To guarantee your place, please remit a deposit of $1000 per traveler payable by check to Talk Cinema Inc. PO BOX 686 Croton on Hudson NY 10520. As soon as 10 travelers are confirmed, the balance of fees will be due. For information or to reserve a place, contact Susan Jacobson at 914.737.7654 or email@example.com
Registration fees include:
- 6 nights' accommodations at The Hotel Zenit
- Daily breakfast buffet at Morlans Restaurant in Hotel Zenit
- Festival briefings with your travel hosts
- Film Festival Accreditation
- A half day walking tour of San Sebastian with an architectural historian
- A day trip to nearby Bilbao to see the Guggenheim Museum
- An introduction to Basque Cuisine with culinary expert Eskerne Falcon
- Some lunches and dinners as detailed in the itinerary
- tips to guides
Registration fees do not include:
- Air transportation to and from the US airport from which you are departing and returning, or hotel accommodations should your trip require an overnight stay
- Meals not specified in the detailed itinerary are not included
- Taxis and public transportation around San Sebastian
- Travel / Trip Cancellation insurance